1) Buy hat boxes or plain boxes with lids at any craft stores. I used regular card board boxes.
2) Cut a hole in the box that you want the cards to be inserted in.
3) Once you decide where you are going to place your slot, you must cut holes in the bottom on that box and any boxes below it so that the cards can fall to the bottom. Make sure and leave 1/2" or 1/4" edge on the bottom of the box so that you can glue it to the next box.
4) After you have all the boxes cut you can begin covering them with gift wrap paper, or fabric or any covering able to be worked with.
5) Once your boxes are covered, glue them together. You can use tacky craft glue but I found that using a hot glue fun worked the best
6) Now you can begin decorating them. I used ribbon and lace on the sides of the boxes to cover the wrapping folds. I glued silk flowers and white iridescent string beads. But the decorations can be changed to the color scheme you desire and what your crafty eye imagines
They are not that difficult and can really make a statement on your gift table.
Thank you Anne Marie
Always use caution when working around the kitchen, stove and cutlery.