DIRECTIONS FOR SHADOW BOX FRAME
(this is the same idea as a shadow box but thinner with a frame)
A shadow box frame is essentially a frame that can hold flat items for display. It has either a glass or Plexiglas cover that can be removed for cleaning. Shadow box frames come in a variety of sizes (same a picture frames) from large too small. You can purchase a shadow box frame already painted but there are frames available in natural wood and can be decorated as you like. The frame in the picture was purchased at a Walmart store.
Once completed, your shadow box frame can be hung on a wall, placed over a bed, above a fireplace mantel or even displayed on a table, or anywhere you wish to put it for everyone to see.
· Purchase a frame the size of your choice, or big enough to display your items
· If the frame does not have a mat then purchase a mat of your color choice to fit the frame (Mats come with one or more openings. Purchase a mat with enough openings to display your flat items)
· Purchase one piece of felt, color of your choice to be used as a background under the mat (it will show through the mat opening(s))
· Depending on what the item is that you are displaying, purchase scrapbooking stickers that relate to your theme or item
· White tacky craft glue
:Let’s start putting your shadow box frame together:
· Start by gluing the piece of felt on the back side of your frame mat
· Once the felt is dry, turn the mat over. The felt will show through the mat openings
· Center your item(s) in the opening(s) of the mat, where the felt shows through
· Glue your item onto the felt
· Take your scrapbooking stickers, relating to your theme or item and position them all around the mat, as many as you want to show.
· Once positioned where you want the stickers, some of them have glue backs already, but if they don’t use your tacky craft glue to place them permanently on the mat.
· Once all of your items which have been glued dry permanently
· Place your decorated mat and item in the frame and put the frame back on.
· Turn it over and there you are, your keepsake/memories are framed and ready to hang for everyone to see.
Remember you can decorate the mat with stickers, letters or funny sayings, almost anything you can imagine. Use your imagination. Have fun with a project.
Thank you Anne Marie …my family rocks J